Hall of Fame
LA JUSTICE HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCES 2015 HONOREES
(Angola, LA.) Department of Public Safety and Corrections Secretary James M. LeBlanc, Louisiana State Penitentiary Warden Burl Cain and The Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation are proud to announce the following, highly distinguished individuals, as 2015 inductees to the Louisiana Justice Hall of Fame.
- The Honorable Fabian Blache, Jr. Executive Director, La. Association of Chiefs of Police, Baton Rouge
- The Honorable Burl Cain, Warden of Louisiana State Penitentiary, Angola
- The Honorable Emma J. Devillier, Assistant Attorney General, Baton Rouge
- The Honorable Jefferson D. “Jeff” Hughes, III, Louisiana Supreme Court Justice, Denham Springs
- The Honorable Mary Claire Landry, Director New Orleans Family Justice Center, New Orleans
- The Honorable Charles Rex Scott, Caddo Parish District Attorney, Shreveport
- The Honorable Joseph L. Waitz, Jr, Terrebonne Parish District Attorney, Houma
- The Honorable Craig Webre, Sheriff, Lafourche Parish
In addition to these awards, the Louisiana State Re-Entry Service Award will be presented to
- Mr. Whalen Gibbs, Former Assistant Secretary of Department of Corrections, Lafayette
The Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum is proud home to the LA Justice Hall of Fame and encourages all interested to attend the tribute and appreciation events honoring the above “heroes in justice” on Friday, August 28, 2015 .
1:30 p.m. A free, open to the public reception at the Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum, located just outside the gates of the historic prison at the end of Highway 66 in West Feliciana Parish.
2:00 p.m. Ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Museum to reveal exhibit cases on the lives and accomplishments of the inductees.
5:00 p.m. Pre-purchased $50.00 ticket required to attend the banquet and formal ceremonies at Baton Rouge’s Boudreaux’s Restaurant at 2647 Government Street (ticket price includes catered meal).