LA Justice Hall of Fame Announces 2011 Honorees
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 11, 2011
Contact Person: Cathy Fontenot, CCE
Contact Number: 225.655.2897
A JUSTICE HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCES 2011 HONOREES
(Angola, LA.) Department of Public Safety and Corrections Secretary James M. LeBlanc, Louisiana State Penitentiary Warden Burl Cain and The Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation are proud to announce the following, highly distinguished individuals, as 2011 inductees to the Louisiana Justice Hall of Fame.
- Judge Lance M. Africk, United States District Court, Eastern District
- Senator Elbert Lee Guillory, Opelousas
- Mr. William J. “Billy” Guste, Attorney General (retired)
- Sheriff Victor E. Jones, Jr., Natchitoches Parish
- Mr. Scott M. Perrilloux, District Attorney, 21st Judicial District
- Judge Billy R. Robinson, Bossier Parish (retired)
- Representative Ernest D. Wooton, District 105, Belle Chasse
The Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum is the proud home of the LA Justice Hall of Fame and encourages all interested to attend the tribute and appreciation events honoring the above “heroes in justice” on Friday, July 22, 2011.
1:30 p.m. A free, open to the public reception at the Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum, located just outside the gates of the historic prison at the end of Highway 66 in West Feliciana Parish.
2:00 p.m. Ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Museum to reveal exhibit cases on the lives and accomplishments of the inductees.
5:00 p.m. Pre-purchased $50.00 ticket required to attend the banquet and formal ceremonies at Baton Rouge’s Boudreaux’s Restaurant at 2647 Government Street (ticket price includes catered meal).
Tickets and information may be obtained by calling the Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum at 225-655-2592 or www.angolamuseum.org.