LOUISIANA STATE PENITENTIARY MUSEUM FOUNDATION, INC.
Last modified: March 13, 2019
Introduction and Consent to Terms
To request permission for any other use of Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation content or Services, please contact us with your written request at:
Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 1
Angola, LA 70712
Angola Museum, LSP Museum, Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum, site names, logos, program names, newsletter names, and related graphics, logos, and illustrations are trademarks of the Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation, Inc. You may not use any Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation marks, logos, or graphics without the Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation’s prior written consent, except for instances where you are required to by license or obligation to use Our marks or logos in connection with the functionalities of the Services.
Users of the Services may post, upload, transmit, and otherwise submit (“Submit”) comments, messages, recommendations, photos, images, ideas, essays, and other content and materials (“User Materials”) on or through social media and its features, forums, discussions, Contact Us page, and other features of the Services. You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through Our servers, the servers of one or more third parties, and the Internet, and may be viewed by Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation staff and on the Services by the general public. You acknowledge that the Services and User Materials are for public and not private communication.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove, and/or edit User Materials at any time and or any or no reason in Our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we have questions about your User Materials, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information.
The Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation does not allow framing of the Services.
Links to the Services
Although we encourage and permit links to content on the Services, the linking should not suggest that we promote or endorse any third party's causes, ideas, sites, products or services, or use Our content for inappropriate commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third-Party Sites, Applications, Platforms, and Services
The Services contain links to sites, applications, platforms and services maintained by third parties over which we have no control. We do not endorse the content, products or services of such sites, applications, platforms and services, or any of their operators, and we are not responsible or liable for the content, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites, applications, platforms and services.
We shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites, applications, platforms and services. In some cases, the Services may include certain embedded tools provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the terms and policies of the third parties. You should only use these third-party tools if you agree to their respective terms and policies.
Rules for Use of the Service
By using the Services, including by registering for the Services, participating in social networking features, forums and discussions, Submitting User Materials through the Services, the Contact Us page or other means, or by using any other features of the Services, you agree to the following rules:
1. You must be at least 18 years of age to submit any User Materials or personallyidentifying information on or through the Services, participate in any online contests, or place an order on the online gift shop. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may browse the Services or register for email newsletters or other features of the Services with the consent of your parent or guardian, so long as you do not submit any User Materials. If you are under 13 years of age, or if you are an EU resident under 16 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or email address. If We discover that We have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under 13, or from an EU resident under 16, We will make a good faith effort to remove that information from Our database as soon as possible.
2. You may not submit any User Materials under a false name or a false email address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
3. You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in violation of third-party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
5. The Services can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the Services for political campaigning, recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives.
6. You may not submit any software or other material which contains any virus, trap door, back door, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, programs, adware, device or other features that may access, alter, delete, damage or disable any of Our hardware, software, information or other property or users of the Services. You may not use the Services to distribute chain letters, mass mailings, "spam," or duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws, or to gather usernames and/or email addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other communications to other users of the Services.
7. You may not interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services, any portion or contents thereof, or related systems or networks, or use the Services in any way that degrades their reliability, speed or operation, or their underlying hardware or software. In addition, you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or related systems or networks.
THE SERVICES AND ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES OR ENDORSE, RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICES. USE OF THE SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE LOUISIANA STATE PENITENTIARY MUSEUM FOUNDATION, INC., ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR THIRD- PARTY LICENSEES BE LIABLE (A) FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, (B) RELATING TO ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR (C) IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT OR MATERIALS (INCLUDING USER MATERIALS) OR THE DEFAMATORY, INFRINGING, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE LOUISIANA STATE PENITENTIARY MUSEUM FOUNDATION, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.
Right to Change the Services
We reserve the right to change, terminate or suspend the Services, any features of the Services, and any content or materials contained in the Services, in any way, at any time and for any reason or no reason. We also have the right to require you to cease accessing any features, content or materials of the Services.
In the event a product available on or through Our online gift shop is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, We will have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation neither signifies Our acceptance of your order, nor constitutes confirmation of Our offer to sell. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. We may charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders. Otherwise, you are solely responsible for all sales or other taxes, on orders shipped to you.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement by any content or material on the Services, please provide the following information in writing to Us (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
1. a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
3. a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and email address.
5. a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
DMCA Notices can be sent to:
Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 1
Angola, Louisiana 70712
The Services are controlled and operated within the United States. We make no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Services are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access the Services from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content and U.S. export laws and regulations.